Help with RaspberryPI USB on Fiasco.OC+Genode

Reinier Millo Sánchez rmillo at ...210...
Thu May 7 07:54:20 CEST 2015

Hi Norman

Thanks, I was reviewing the patch and trying to bring up it on
Genode15.02. I have used the patch and the trace example. It works, but
have a problem using the Dwc_otg struct. When remove the usage of the
struct to access to USB registers, the monitor works fine, but when try
to use the struct it fails. First i'm trying to test it on base_hw and
later on base_foc. This the serial output when i try it on the hardware,
and the patch adapted to Genode15.02

    Genode 15.02-241-g1a3b4ff <local changes>
    int main(): --- create local services ---
    int main(): --- start init ---
    int main(): transferred 252 MB to init
    int main(): --- init created, waiting for exit condition ---
    [init] Could not open ROM session for module "ld.lib.so"
    [init -> platform_drv] --- Raspberry Pi platform driver ---
    no RM attachment (faulter 219090 with IP 8255b0 attempts to read
    from address 20980014)
    init -> timer -> timeout_scheduler: unresolved pagefault at ip=8255b0
    core -> pager_activation: cannot submit unknown signal context 0
    [init -> trace-usb_drv] --- trace-usb_drv started ---
    [init -> usb_drv] Services::Services(): Could not read screen
    resolution in config node
    [init -> usb_drv] Services::Services(): No <storage> config node
    found - not starting the USB Storage (Block) service
    [init -> usb_drv] Services::Services(): No <nic> config node found -
    not starting the USB Nic (Network) service
    [init -> usb_drv] Services::Services(): No <raw> config node found -
    not starting external USB service
    [init -> usb_drv] Enabled UHCI (USB 1.0/1.1) support
    [init -> usb_drv] Enabled EHCI (USB 2.0) support
    [init -> usb_drv] Enabled XHCI (USB 3.0) support

Is there any wrong with the patch and the struct Dwc_otg?

Best regards

On 05/06/2015 05:13 AM, Norman Feske wrote:
> Hi Reinier,
>
>> I will try the tracing machanism to test the USB driver. Is there public
>> the trace monitor version used to bring up the Rpi USB driver on base_hw?
> I just went through my old branches and un-buried the attached patch.
>
> Note that it is just a hack I developed for debugging a specific problem
> (the interaction of the kernel's scheduling with IRQ latencies of the
> USB driver). Even though it won't be immediately useful for your problem
> (I even doubt that the patch applies to the current version of Genode),
> it may still be useful for pointing you to the right places.
>
> Cheers
> Norman

Lic. Reinier Millo Sánchez
Centro de Estudios de Informática
Universidad Central "Marta Abreu" de Las Villas
Carretera a Camajuaní Km 5 1/2
Santa Clara, Villa Clara, Cuba
CP 54830

"antes de discutir ... respira;