Help with RaspberryPI USB on Fiasco.OC+Genode

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Mon May 4 10:55:49 CEST 2015

Hi Reinier,

> I've been testing the USB driver in the RaspberryPI assigning priorities
> to each processes, but continue losing events. I have also tried
> changing the top value of cnt, but still the same result. I will
> continue doing some independent tests of the driver, mouse, keyboard and
> network independently.
> If you have any other suggestions?

admittedly, I am (almost) running out of ideas. The last resort would be
to use Genode's tracing mechanism [1] to obtain a trace of interrupts as
received by the USB driver along with information about the state of the
USB driver. I would then compare the trace generated with base-hw
against the trace generated with base-foc.

Unfortunately, employing the tracing mechanism requires a bit of labor
on your side. You will need to develop a so-called trace monitor that
assigns a tracing policy to the threads of interest (the ones living in
the USB driver) and captures the tracing data. You can find a simple
example at os/run/trace.run.

BTW, the tracing framework played an instrumental role for bringing the
Rpi USB driver to Genode in the first place. Without it, I certainly
would not have succeeded.

[1]
http://genode.org/documentation/release-notes/13.08#Light-weight_event_tracing

Best regards