imx53 trustzone boot (Freescale iMX53-QSB)

Mon Mar 30 08:51:23 CEST 2015

Hi Ofer,

On 03/29/2015 09:04 AM, Ofer Hasson wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm currently exploring arm trustzone with genode, I managed to run the
> example and run my own normal world linux kernel.
>
> Is there a way to chain load normal world operating system, load another
> u-boot file in the normal world ? is there a technical problem doing so ?

In general this is possible. However, as TrustZone is _no_
virtualization solution, it is not transparent to the non-secure guest
that it runs in the "normal world". So it is likely that you need to
first modify u-boot so it runs smoothly in the normal world. For
instance you have to check that it does not touch memory it does not
own, as well as devices. Moreover, u-boot should not try to access
system registers (coprocessor 15) that are TrustZone sensitive, like SCR
register.

Regards
Stefan