SD card driver for Freescale i.MX6 in Genode

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Fri Mar 20 11:40:02 CET 2015

Hello Praveen,

> We have developed a Genode device driver for USDHC card reader for
> Freescale i.MX6 procesor.
>
> You may find the corresponding code in the repository,
> https://github.com/srinivasprv/genode
>
> The specific driver code is available in usdhc directory of sd_card
> directory.

thank you for sharing your work with us! Your patch looks very nice.
Coincidentally, we just added an SD-card driver for the i.MX53 platform
last week. See the following commit referenced at the following issue:

  https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/issues/1458

Whereas the i.MX53 driver addresses the so-called ESDHC controller, your
patch addresses the USDHC controller. Are both drivers complementary?

On another note, the mainline Genode version does not officially support
i.MX6 yet. So I am afraid that including your driver without prior
enabling i.MX6 would not be very sensible. As a precondition, we should
enable at least one i.MX6-based platform (e.g., Wandboard?). Otherwise,
we would not able to add your driver to our regular test infrastructure.
What do you think about how to go about it?

Best regards