Driver SD Card for Raspberry Pi

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Mon Jun 29 12:11:55 CEST 2015

Hi Waldo,

thanks for testing my patch.

On 25.06.2015 17:00, Waldo Paz Rodriguez wrote:
> Hi Norman, these is the serial output for last patch that you send me:
> [init -> sd_card_drv] SD card detected
> [init -> sd_card_drv] capacity: 997888 MiB

apparently, the value is off by the factor 1K. I just found the reason:
Whereas the capacity-calculation (as given in the specification) for
SD-cards of version 1.0 result in a value given in 512-byte blocks, the
calculation for version 2.0 results in a value in 512-KiB blocks. I have
corrected the capacity detection in this respect. Could you please give
it a try? You can find the current version on my topic branch:

  https://github.com/nfeske/genode/commits/rpi_sdcard

On the branch you can also find a commit with a simple benchmark that I
used to measure the throughput.