Trying out the hello tutorial

Sebastian Sumpf Sebastian.Sumpf at ...1...
Tue Jul 28 17:51:12 CEST 2015

Hi Daren,

On 07/23/2015 10:32 AM, Daren Sin wrote:
> Hi everyone!
>
> I've been trying out the hello tutorial, and after following the steps
> in the tutorial
> (http://genode.org/documentation/developer-resources/client_server_tutorial),
> I got stuck at the /./core/ step. I got an "Illegal instruction (core
> dumped)". I can't seem to find a post around here that describes a
> similar problem.

> What might be the problem?
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm supposed to have a /config/ file in the
> //build/bin/ directory, but since there wasn't one at first, I created a
> new document and put in the necessary code, as described on the website.

Assuming you want to use the Linux version of Genode please try the
following in the shell:

> <genode-src-dir>/tool/create_builddir linux_x86
> cd <genode-src-dir>/build/linux_x86

Add the line:

> REPOSITORIES += $(GENODE_DIR)/repos/hello_tutorial

to 'etc/build.conf' below the other 'REPOSITORIES' entries

call:

> make run/hello

from the build directory. Watch out for Linux packets that are not
installed, like TCL or TCL's 'expect' package!

I hope this helps,

Sebastian

--
Sebastian Sumpf