lsusb applet not found

Sebastian Sumpf Sebastian.Sumpf at ...1...
Tue Jul 28 16:47:57 CEST 2015

Hi,

On 07/23/2015 10:37 AM, Thotheolh Tay wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I run the 'lsusb' command, it tells me 'lsusb: applet not found'
> message. How do I solve this ?
>
> When I plugin a USB flash drive into the system, I get a weird message.
> It must be plugged in for the first time into the USB port and after
> that subsequent USB drives will not spawn the message again.
>
> [   14.935514] Clocksource tsc unstable (delta = 200916449 ns)
> [   14.826599] Switching to clocksource l4kipclk
>
> I am missing something in the L4Linux/Fiasco.OC build image I made to
> enable USB support ?
>
> Are the clocksource and lsusb messages correlated ?

L4Linux is just a Genode application, therefore it will not have access
to any hardware out of the box. Even if you enable USB support within
the L4Linux kernel, some work has to be done on the Genode side to give
L4Linux access to the IO memory and the interrupt of the USB host
controller. The other way would be to write a Linux-stub driver that
directly communicates with Genode's USB driver.

Cheers,

Sebastian

--
Sebastian Sumpf