base-hw: Virtualbox thread priorities

Martin Stein martin.stein at ...1...
Mon Jul 13 12:47:55 CEST 2015

Hi Adrian,

On 13.07.2015 12:28, Adrian-Ken Rueegsegger wrote:
> Do you have an idea why the effective numbers on hardware would be so
> far off the mark from the assigned quota numbers?

When looking at your raw counter values, I assume that this is caused by
overflows. Some of your hardware values are near (uint32_t)~0 while your
Qemu values are all relatively small. I've addressed this issue recently
in [1]. Commit [2] there introduces 64 bit counter values, but maybe its
also a good idea to check for overflows. The commits are on
genodelabs/staging but not on genodelabs/master yet. Could you please
give staging a try?

Btw.: From tomorrow till the 1st of August I'm on vacation and wont read
my mails.

Cheers,
Martin

[1] https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/issues/1628