base-hw: Virtualbox thread priorities

Adrian-Ken Rueegsegger ken at ...309...
Thu Jul 9 10:35:52 CEST 2015

Hello Martin,

On 07/07/2015 03:26 PM, Martin Stein wrote:
> There is a bug [1] in the current master branch that prevents the
> initial quota configuration on the construction of a thread. Thus,
> threads merely receive quota when another thread at the session gets
> created or destructed. Could you please apply the commit in the
> referenced issue and try again.

I rebased our hw_x86_64_muen-vbox working branch(es) on staging (b84d81)
which includes the fix. The measured time is unchanged at approximately
33-34 seconds from bootloader to the login prompt using the default
super period and time slice values. With adjusted super period the boot
time also stays about the same as without the fix.

[...]

> According to my above writings, I think that we can still raise the
> performance through modifications at the application level. It would
> also be helpful to see your CPU-utilization stats if the scheudling
> remains a problem.

Thank you for the explanations. I will work through your suggestions and
collect some usage statistics for our scenario.

Regards,
Adrian