Joining Filesystems

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Wed Jul 8 09:10:41 CEST 2015

Hello,

On 02.07.2015 00:21, Nobody III wrote:
> Okay. How would I configure something to join multiple filesystems?
> Could you provide an example config?

Please look out for run scripts that use the configuration tags '<vfs>'
or '<fstab>'. E.g., executing the following command will give you a
rough list of run scripts that likely use the VFS mechanism:

  grep "\(vfs\)\|\(fstab\)" `find repos -maxdepth 3 -name "*.run"`

For an illustrative example, I recommend you to take a look at the run
script 'repos/ports/run/noux_bash.run'.

You may also find the following section of the release notes 14.05 worth
reading:

http://genode.org/documentation/release-notes/14.05#Per-process_virtual_file_systems

> Also, how would I add filesystems
> at runtime?

Unlink Unix, which has a system-global VFS, on Genode, each individual
component has its own component-specific VFS. It is initialized at the
startup time of the respective component according to the component's
configuration. After the initialization phase, it is fixed for the
lifetime of the component.