"Core" thread doesn't become active in kernel initialization

robjsstewart at ...196... robjsstewart at ...196...
Mon Jul 6 15:12:09 CEST 2015

Thanks Christian. I'll use that.

Bob

Sent from my android device.

-----Original Message-----
From: Christian Helmuth <christian.helmuth at ...1...>
To: genode-main at lists.sourceforge.net
Sent: Mon, 06 Jul 2015 8:44 AM
Subject: Re: "Core" thread doesn't become active in kernel initialization

Hi Bob,

just a tiny side note from me: When debugging issues, which seem to
interfere with the binary layout, I add log messages like follows

  /* global vars to prevent optimization */
  int dbg_on  = true;
  int dbg_off = false;

  if (dbg_off) PDBG("message 1");
  if (dbg_on)  PDBG("message 2");

and also use CC_OLEVEL=-O0 or CC_OLEVEL=-Og.

Greets
--
Christian Helmuth