Creating my first Genode application

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Mon Jul 6 11:37:14 CEST 2015

Hi Daren,

> I can't seem to add the /config/ code in/build/bin/config/. Correct me
> if I'm wrong, the /build/ directory is the one that we've previously
> created using the /create_builddir/ tool right? For my case, I'm using
> the NOVA microkernel, and I named my build directory /build.nova/. So
> this should be the /build/ directory right?

you are right about the build directory. The tutorial assumes that you
are using base-linux as base platforms. For kernels other than Linux,
the integration of a runnable system image is a bit more elaborative. So
we have crafted a tool called "run". It is described in the Chapter 2
and Section 5.4. of the new documentation [1]. For reference, a run
script for the hello tutorial looks like [2].

[1] http://genode.org/documentation/genode-foundations-15-05.pdf
[2]
https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/blob/master/repos/hello_tutorial/run/hello.run