cannot run make run/demo

Daren Sin darensin01 at ...9...
Wed Jul 1 10:11:01 CEST 2015

Hi all!

I've just subscribed to this mailing list, in hopes of getting some
clarification to how Genode works!

I've been trying to run Genode on a NOVA microkernel. Although I had much
progress following the steps in
http://genode.org/documentation/platforms/nova, I was stuck at the last
step when I was supposed to run *make run/demo*.

I got the error
*/usr/bin/expect: bad interpreter: No such file or directory*
*make: *** [run/demo] Error 126*

Some background: I followed all the steps, even those that are not in that
page above, like commenting out certain parts of *build.conf* in the build
directory (I named mine *build_dir)*. I searched around, and found out from
http://sourceforge.net/p/genode/discussion/825067/thread/e2d61570/?limit=25#5624
that I haven't had the expect package installed. But I still got the same
error after installing the package.

Could someone explain to me why I'm having this problem? Also, where should
I run the *make run/demo* in? Logically, I should run it in a directory
with a *Makefile* right?

Cheers
Daren