Raspberry Pi Prospects and/or Alternative
norman.feske at ...1...
Tue Jan 27 10:55:52 CET 2015
> Two things I would be very much interested in (after SD card support)
> are GPIO and camera support. Any progress on those?
don't wait for it, go for it!
In your prior postings, you stated that you have no experience with
developing device drivers. Well, creating a GPIO driver for the
Raspberry Pi would be the *perfect* way to change that:
* You apparently have an application in mind, which provides you
with the right incentive.
* The device is relatively simple. So you won't get overwhelmed.
* There is a huge body of public information about this particular
topic (using GPIOs on the Raspberry Pi) available.
* Others like Jeroen may appreciate your work.
* Within Genode's source tree, there exist GPIO drivers for other
platforms that you may take as reference.
All it takes is the willingness to learn and to get your hands dirty
Dr.-Ing. Norman Feske
http://www.genode-labs.com · http://genode.org
Genode Labs GmbH · Amtsgericht Dresden · HRB 28424 · Sitz Dresden
Geschäftsführer: Dr.-Ing. Norman Feske, Christian Helmuth
More information about the users