Raspberry Pi Prospects and/or Alternative

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Mon Jan 26 20:51:13 CET 2015

Hi Jeroen,

> There seems to be Raspberry Pi support in the Genode base-hw kernel. To
> what extent is this (non)functional? Can someone estimate how much
> effort it would take to make the NIC work?

the Raspberry Pi support of base-hw comprises UART, HDMI output, USB HID
support, and networking. I also started working on an SD-card driver,
but that one remained unfinished as of now:

  https://github.com/nfeske/genode/commits/rpi_usb

In short, it is actually quite useful. My kids are regularly playing
games using Genode running on the Raspberry Pi. ;-)