Run script issue

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at ...1...
Mon Jan 19 09:59:46 CET 2015

Hello Chirag,

please consider to provide your complete build log next time. I expect
a warning message at the very beginning of the log.

On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 11:40:52AM +0530, chirag garg wrote:
> Like error message says that it is not able to copy switch file from the
> bin folder because it is not there.
>
> WHY this script is failed  to create the bin/switch file ?

[switch.run]
> assert_spec hw_imx6
>
> build "core init server/switch"

At this line, the run tool initiates the compliation and link of
"server/switch". I suppose for some reason the server is not built,
which should be become clear when looking at the log output.

> create_boot_directory
>
> install_config {
> <config verbose="yes">
> 	<parent-provides>
> 		<service name="ROM"/>
> 		<service name="RAM"/>
> 		<service name="IRQ"/>
> 		<service name="IO_MEM"/>
> 		<service name="CAP"/>
> 		<service name="PD"/>
> 		<service name="RM"/>
> 		<service name="CPU"/>
> 		<service name="LOG"/>
> 		<service name="SIGNAL"/>
> 		<service name="VM"/>
> 	</parent-provides>
> 	<default-route>
> 		<any-service><any-child/><parent/></any-service>
> 	</default-route>
> 	<start name="switch">
> 		<resource name="RAM" quantum="4M"/>
> 	</start>
> </config>
> }
>

> build_boot_image "core init switch"

Now, the run tool tries to integrate the binaries into the boot image
and fails because of the missing binary for "switch".

> #
> # Execute test case
> #
> run_genode_until {.*\/ #.*} 220
>
> puts "Test succeeded"

I suggest you try to execute the build step for "server/switch"
manually via

  make server/switch

in your build directory. Afterwards you may investigate the issue
using the produced log.

Christian Helmuth