bare-hw trustzone on the Freescale i.MX 6 Sabre SD board

Mahdi Aichouch foxmehdi at ...9...
Tue Jan 13 16:06:55 CET 2015

Hello,

I have a question about how the tz_vmm protects the memory reserved to the
"Secure World"
in the case of the versatile express cortex a9 (vea9x4) implementation.

In the case of the imx53, I saw that the Multi-Master Multi Memory
Interface (MI4F)
controller is used to secure memory region reserved to the "Secure World".

According to the arm versatile express cortex a9 board, the Trustzone
Address Space Controller (TZASC) is used,
which is also the case on the i.MX6 board.

However, I didn't find out in the vea9x4 implementation how the memory
region reserved to the "Secure World"
is protected is by the TZASC?

In the i.mx53 implementation of tz_vmm , the secure memory space is
explicitly specified at the creation of MI4F object.

Could someone give some explanation about this point.

Thanks very much in advance.

best regards,
Mahdi