Serial Output on RaspberryPI

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Sat Jan 10 12:39:24 CET 2015

Hello Millo,

the fact that the serial output of your Rpi works with Linux but not
with base-hw leaves me puzzled. I followed the steps explained in [1]
using two different adapters pl2303mdl and [2] without problems.
However, I always connected the cable via USB to my host computer. Do
you happen to use the comport of your PC? If yes, maybe the
serial-to-USB conversion somehow hides a problem with our driver?

[1] http://elinux.org/RPi_Serial_Connection
[2] http://www.ftdichip.com/Products/Cables/RPi.htm

> How i can change the baudrate on Genode for RaspberryPI?

the baud rate is hard-coded to 115200. See the definition of 'BAUD_RATE'
in base-hw/src/core/console.cc:

https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/blob/master/repos/base-hw/src/core/console.cc

For reference, the UART driver is located at
base/include/drivers/uart/pl011_base.h:

https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/blob/master/repos/base/include/drivers/uart/pl011_base.h