experiences with virtualbox?

Tim Newsham tim.newsham at ...9...
Tue Jan 6 23:22:05 CET 2015

Ok, I got something to build and boot in qemu, here's
the process that worked for me using genode-14.11:

# make sure these are installed locally
sudo apt-get install yasm iasl

# make sure you have toolchain in your path
export PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/genode-gcc/bin/

cd genode-14.11
./tool/ports/prepare_port dde_linux
./tool/ports/prepare_port libc
./tool/ports/prepare_port virtualbox
./tool/ports/prepare_port x86_emu
./tool/ports/prepare_port nova
./tool/ports/prepare_port stdcxx
./tool/ports/prepare_port libiconv

./tool/create_builddir nova_x86_64 BUILD_DIR=`pwd`/../novaBox
cd ../novaBox

# add libports, dde_linux, ports and qt4 repos
vi etc/build.conf

# pick the ISO you want to run in virtualbox
cp /tmp/some.iso bin/test.iso
make run/virtualbox

--
Tim Newsham | www.thenewsh.com/~newsham | @newshtwit | thenewsh.blogspot.com