implementation of dummies methods

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at ...1...
Sat Feb 28 09:03:13 CET 2015

Hello,

On Sat, Feb 28, 2015 at 05:43:17AM +0100, Sebastian Sumpf wrote:
> On 02/27/2015 09:08 PM, Mohammad Hamad wrote:
> > in libc/src/lib/libc there is Dummies.cc file which contains many methods.
> > Actually i am trying to port ISAKMP which use most of them ( such as fork, getuid ,
> > socketpair, sendmsg and etc) .  i was able to compile it but i face many no implementation for " method" message , so I think i need to implement all these methods, am i right ?!
> >
> > from where i should start, should i use new libc  plugin or i should implement them in specific places.
> >

> When porting stuff to Genode, there are three ways to go: 1. Try to do
> without libc. 2. Implement a libc plugin that meets your needs. 3. Build
> it in the noux environment.
>
> 1 = most desirable
> 3 = least desirable

I'd like to add that the standalone libc does not support fork() by
intention. I doubt ISAKMP does really depend on it beside from a kind
of privilege separation scheme I'd implement differently on Genode.
But, if you're not able to remove the dependency you had to stick with
variant 3.

Christian Helmuth