Announcement: Genode OS Framework version 15.02 released

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at ...1...
Fri Feb 27 12:45:57 CET 2015

According to our road map, the overall theme of 2015 is the
consolidation and cultivation of the existing feature set rather than
the conquering of new grounds. Along these lines, the current release
brings with virtualization support on ARM one prominent feature but
plenty of changes regarding testing, stability, and performance
improvements. The highlights are

  - Virtualization on ARM
  - Modular tool kit for automated testing
  - Improved performance of VirtualBox on NOVA
  - Libraries and protocol stacks
    - Update of rump-kernel based file systems
    - Ports of sqlite and libbz2
  - Device drivers
    - Support for USB touchscreen devices
    - New wireless configuration interface
    - New USB session interface
  - Platforms
    - Added support for the USB Armory board
    - IPC helping on the base-hw kernel
    - Out-of-order page-fault handling on NOVA

Following our tradition, the extensive release documentation is
available from

  http://genode.org/documentation/release-notes/15.02

and covers all additions and changes in detail.

Best regards
--
Christian Helmuth