Framebuffer

Wed Feb 11 11:42:49 CET 2015

Hi,

On 02/04/2015 01:19 PM, chirag garg wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was trying to understand the flow of framebuffer flow for given imx53
> code in the following directory
> repos/os/src/drivers/framebuffer/imx53/main.cc
>
> In the main function, one static variable "session_component" has been
> created which uses the "config_attribute" function defined in line
> number 115 which expect a config file in build process.
>
> What is the need of this config file with respect to framebuffer and
> where should i found this config file in the repository because when i
> run the framebuffer script it is not able to open config file?

The config file's content of a framebuffer driver is dependent on the
actual driver. For some drivers you can specify the resolution for
instance. The framebuffer driver for the i.MX53 used the config file to
determine, whether it has to buffer write attempts of the client, or if
the client directly writes to the framebuffer itself. A corresponding
configuration looks like the following:

  <config buffered="yes"/>

The configuration is optional, you see the try-catch clause around the
config file access. If there is no config file for the driver available,
it uses a default value (not buffered).

Configuration files for Genode components are typically part of the
whole system configuration delivered to the first init process of the
system. Such configurations can be found in the different run-scripts of
the Genode repositories. Have a look at the preliminary version of the
Genode manual section 6:

http://genode.org/files/e01096b9ffe3f416157f6ec46c467725/manual-2015-01-23.pdf

Regards
Stefan