port samsung exynos 5

Martin Stein martin.stein at ...1...
Tue Feb 10 10:55:24 CET 2015

Hi Waldo,

We have had a similar problem with the Odroid-XU (also Exynos5)
recently. We've found that most of our Arndale-"specific" Code applied
to Odroid-XU as well so we moved most of that stuff into
Exynos5-specific files. That fixed our problems. The regarding
discussion and commits can be found here:

https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/issues/1396

The fix has not moved to our master branch yet but it can be found on
our staging branch If you like give it a try:

https://github.com/genodelabs/genode/tree/staging

Either way, you should prefer our Arndale code over our Odroid-XU code
as reference as it is better tested and apparently more generic than stated.

Besides, have you tried debugging from the given IP as mentioned in my
last mail? You might also obtain further information on the fault
through 'User_context::in_fault' in
'base-hw/src/core/include/spec/arm/cpu_support.h'.
Another option would be to instrument 'Translation_table' in
'base-hw/src/core/include/spec/arm/short_translation_table.h' to see
details on the mappings that are made.

Cheers,
Martin