Roadmap 2016

Peter Lindener lindener.peter at ...9...
Wed Dec 23 23:15:19 CET 2015

Hi
    Christian-

   Yes I get it that Genode already has a fairly nice configuration process
utilizing XML....   and you might be on the right track when you take my
comment about the use of a potentially augmented text / XML structure
editor for easier display / editing of these XML config files..
... but I have to confess I'm not all so much of a fan of XML in terms of
it's direct readability....  maybe it's a good middle ground... but in all
honesty, I would prefer a Json like syntax over XML.... or more exactly...
When people suggest that every thing should be encoded as an XML file... I
tend to concur with those in t crowed who just role there eyes...
   That is: there does seem potential for the use of domain specific
languages...   i.e. XML does not always seem to be the best answer...
   I'm just suggesting that the complexity jump to GUI based config may not
be the best trade-off in the context of smaller embedded Genode systems..

    Hope this helps.
     -Peter