Debugging Genode applications on Ubuntu 14.04 64bit

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at ...1...
Fri Dec 11 13:46:01 CET 2015

Hello,

I have a tiny hint in addition to Christian's perfect guide, which can
be added in your build directory to the file etc/tools.conf:

  CC_OLEVEL = -O0 -fno-omit-frame-pointer -gdwarf-2

The first two options instruct the compiler to optimize less and make
backtraces better reproducible. The last option is required for older
versions of GDB (for me it's 7.4 on Ubuntu 12.04), which do not
support more recent versions of the DWARF debugging information.

Christian Helmuth