ARM TrustZone Shared Memory Crossworld

Jaemin Park jmpark81 at ...9...
Thu Dec 10 06:25:11 CET 2015

Hi,

I'm not sure whether my comments can help you or not.

I also asked a similar question to the community.
The related articles are as follows:
http://sourceforge.net/p/genode/mailman/message/34341641/

I modified my source code referring to the above link.

Based on the answers from the community, I used the "dma_alloc_coherent()"
as follows in the device driver in the Normal World:

/* variables for buffer */
static dma_addr_t genblk_buf_phys;
static void *     genblk_buf

*genblk_buf* = dma_alloc_coherent(NULL, 1024, *&genblk_buf_phys*,
GFP_KERNEL);

/* send smc instruction to initialize buffer */
 smc_blk(instruction_id, *genblk_buf_phys*, 1024);

In the Secure World, tz_vmm was modified to handle this as follows:

/* variables for buffer */
void *          _buf;
Genode::size_t  _buf_size;
addr_t          buf_base;
addr_t          buf_top, ram_top, buf_off;
Ram *           ram;
bool            buf_err;

buf_base = (addr_t)_vm->state()->r1;
_buf_size = (Genode::size_t)_vm->state()->r2;
buf_top  = buf_base + _buf_size;
ram      = _vm->ram();
 ram_top  = ram->base() + ram->size();

buf_err  = buf_top  <= buf_base;
buf_err |= buf_base <  ram->base();
buf_err |= buf_top  >= ram_top;
if (buf_err) {
     PERR("blk: illegal buffer constraints");
      break;
}
buf_off = buf_base - ram->base();
*_buf* = (void *)(ram->local() + buf_off);

After this, *_buf* is used to refer the shared buffer in the Secure World,
and *genblk_buf* is used in the Normal World.

I hope my humble comments can help you.

Jaemin Park.