Qt 5.5 basic support

Reinier Millo Sánchez rmillo at ...210...
Tue Dec 8 03:15:09 CET 2015

Hi Genode Comunity

We want to share our basic support of QT 5.5 on GenodeOS. The on going
development is in our GenodeOS fork at Github:

https://github.com/xeos-team/genode/tree/qt5_5

We worked to support the basic elements of Qt, based on the support of
Qt 5.1. This work is not finished yet, but it can be used by the
community. Based on the support of Qt 5.1 we have reorganized a bit the
Qt modules, acording the modules on Qt 5.5.
This is the list of the components supported and a list of examples of
Qt that we have tested on GenodeOS:

  * Qt Core
      o qt5_core_contiguouscache.run
      o qt5_core_savegame.run
      o qt5_core_semaphores.run
      o qt5_core_waitconditions.run
  * Qt Gui
      o qt5_gui_analogclock.run
      o qt5_gui_openglwindow.run
      o qt5_gui_rasterwindow.run
  * Qt Widgets
      o qt5_widgets_animatedtiles.run
      o qt5_widgets_appchooser.run
      o qt5_widgets_calculator.run
      o qt5_widgets_chart.run
      o qt5_widgets_digitalclock.run
      o qt5_widgets_dynamiclayouts.run
      o qt5_widgets_elasticnodes.run
      o qt5_widgets_lighting.run
      o qt5_widgets_mainwindow.run
      o qt5_widgets_moveblocks.run
      o qt5_widgets_pathstroke.run
      o qt5_widgets_puzzle.run
      o qt5_widgets_sliders.run
      o qt5_widgets_standarddialogs.run
      o qt5_widgets_stickman.run
      o qt5_widgets_tetrix.run
      o qt5_widgets_textedit.run
      o qt5_widgets_trafficlight.run
      o qt5_widgets_undo.run
  * Qt Network
      o qt5_network_dnslookup.run
      o qt5_network_fortuneserver.run
      o qt5_network_threadedfortuneserver.run
  * Qt Websockets
      o qt5_websockets_echoserver.run
      o qt5_websockets_simplechat.run
  * Qt Xml
      o qt5_xml_dombookmarks.run
      o qt5_xml_htmlinfo.run
      o qt5_xml_xmlstreamlint.run

At this point we are having some troubles in the support. In some
examples, we are getting this message when the Qt application finished

    Genode::Signal_session_component::submit(Genode::Signal_context_capability,
    unsigned int)::<lambda(Genode::Signal_context_component*)>: invalid
    signal-context capability

On the XML module, there  is a little problem, I think that Qt isn't
recognizing the EOF in the XMLs files. Have tested it and it parse the
XML file but fails at EOF. I'm reviewing this trying to fix it on Qt or
the libc integration with Qt. The UDP sockets are not working on
GenodeOS yet.
We are planning continue working on the other Qt modules.
If someone have any suggestion to our support problems, or is interested
to help us in the support of Qt 5.5  is welcome.

Best regards

--
Lic. Reinier Millo Sánchez
Centro de Estudios de Informática