Announcement: Genode OS Framework version 15.08 released

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at ...1...
Mon Aug 31 12:54:06 CEST 2015

The current release is characterized by our efforts to use Genode as
day-to-day operating system. From this background, we packed quite a
few improvements regarding user GUI experience, VirtualBox robustness
and performance, integration of native Genode applications and guest
OSes as well as tools to inspect the system behavior into Genode
15.08. Beyond that, we're proud to integrate community contributions
as the support to run Genode base-hw on the Muen separation kernel on
x86_64 and extended device-driver support for Raspberry Pi and
Odroid-X2.

In short, version 15.08 comes with the following highlights:

  - Genode/NOVA used as day-to-day operating system
  - Genode on top of the Muen separation kernel
  - Kernel-resource management on NOVA and our custom base-hw kernel
  - Base framework and low-level OS infrastructure
    - Improved audio support
    - Unified networking components
    - Enhanced tracing and file-system facilities
    - Low-complexity software rendering
  - Device drivers
    - Raspberry Pi and Odroid-X2 on Fiasco.OC, including
      USB support
    - BCM57cxx network cards
  - VirtualBox
    - Guest-host integration (policy-based mouse shapes, dynamic
      adaptation to screen size changes, audio)
    - Multi-processor support

Those and many more improvements are illustrated by the release
documentation

  http://genode.org/documentation/release-notes/15.08

Best regards
--