Tracing server

Josef Söntgen josef.soentgen at ...1...
Wed Apr 15 11:24:53 CEST 2015

Hello Pirmin,

* Duss Pirmin <pirmin at ...321...> [2015-04-15 08:25:14 +0000]:
> I'm building a trace tool that is able to send the traces over a
> terminal connection.
>
> For this I would like to create a Server sleeps until a new trace is
> available.
> Is this possible or should I adapt the main loop of the trace example?

The Trace::Session interface does not support the notification of the
trace monitor process in the event that any of the trace subjects has
generated new trace events[1]. That being said, you would have to poll
for new events, i.e., by periodically looking into the trace buffer
dataspace.

Regards
Josef

[1] We could probably implement such a mechanism but it would make the
trace facility much more complex because the trace subject generates
event on its own without any interaction with the rest of the system.
It also stands to reason how to design a useful interface, e.g. after
how many new events should a signal be submitted and so.