Genode on QEMU TrustZone

Tue Apr 7 10:35:32 CEST 2015

Hi,

On 04/03/2015 02:25 PM, Mauro Suardi wrote:
> Hi!
> I've read your paper about TrustZone and I'd like to test Genode on the
> secure side of an architecture with TrustZone on Qemu (I've found on the
> web a TrustZone QEMU).
> How can I do it?

Indeed there a forks of QEMU that emulate the TrustZone features of
specific CPUs. That does not mean they emulate each TrustZone aware
device of the specific platform, for instance to secure RAM or specific
buses. Moreover, the SoC we used for our TrustZone experiments is
Freescale's i.MX53. QEMU does not support this chip. I doubt you will
find a QEMU fork that implement support for i.MX53 including its
TrustZone specific peripherals. So the only way to test out our
described findings is using a Freescale i.MX53 Quickstart board of SABRE
tablet.

Regards
Stefan