Problem when manipulating QT window geometry

Christian Prochaska christian.prochaska at ...1...
Tue Sep 16 12:43:16 CEST 2014

Hello Marcus,

On 09/16/2014 10:27 AM, Marcus Nolte wrote:
> Hey Christian,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> I built a little test case and played around a little more.
> When I emit a QtSignal, which is connected to  a slot where the resizing
> is done, everything works properly (with and without your provided patch).
> Still, with the patch, simply invoking a method which resizes the window
> fails.
>
> Since I am definitely no expert on Qt, I can't really say if this is a
> genode-related problem or if I am using Qt improperly here.

I was not sure about that either, but found this interesting document,
which states that GUI objects can only be used from the main thread:

http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5/threads-qobject.html

Christian