The added mechanisms in VSOS.

王硕 kloisiie at ...236...
Tue Sep 9 06:50:28 CEST 2014

Hello Norman,
Our team developed some apps to present BLP and Biba access-control model. All of these apps can be started in qt_launchpad.

In order to simulate a login process, they used several "Connections" (just like Monitor__Connection) to "jump" from the login windows to qt_launchpad (or reversely). Secure attention key was also implemented like this in void handle_event() in ps2_keyboard.h. (https://github.com/kloisiie/vsos/blob/ff16f26ffe37a70fded8d02277e67a0c29e6e3ea/os/src/drivers/input/ps2/ps2_keyboard.h‍)
For example, in main.cpp in qt_launchpad:
int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
‍
    Timer::Connection loginwait;
    while(true){

        if(loginfinished) break;
        else { loginwait.msleep(1500);
               }
    }
launchpad->show();
}‍‍

the while(true) loop will be broken if and only if the login app (in qt4/src/apps/verify) validate the username and password and change the loginfinished‍ flag to TURE. Then the login windows hides and qt_launchpad will continue executing and show the window.

The default username (the left textbox/QLineEdit in the first line of login app) and passwords (the textbox in the second line) are admin and helloos5, and the default login level (following BLP model, the right ComboBox in the first line) is 2.

The audit and access-control mechanism was implemented in /base/include/monitor_session.
https://github.com/kloisiie/vsos/tree/master/base/include/monitor_session‍
https://github.com/kloisiie/vsos/blob/master/base/src/core/include/monitor_session_component.h‍

 Shuo Wang,
University of Chinese Academy of Sciences.

<kloisiie at ...236...>;
 "genode-main"<genode-main at lists.sourceforge.net>;
 Fw:Re: Some questions about performance optimization related toGUIframework on Genode

Hello Norman,
Here is a .iso file of the VSOS system. If you can't build and run from the source code, you can try this:
‍http://pan.baidu.com/s/1hq8Aews‍

Thank you for you help.