Some questions about performance optimization related to GUIframework on Genode

王硕 kloisiie at ...236...
Fri Sep 5 22:24:09 CEST 2014

Hello Norman,

In Genode, it takes approximately 3 seconds for qt_launchpad to launch, and more than 1 seconds for other apps to launch. This is too slow, so my task is to reduce the launch time of qt_launchpad and apps. But I don't know what the reason of the low performance is. So I turn to you for some advice.

I use Rtc (\os\src\drivers\rtc\x86) to record the launch time of qt_launchpad and apps as listed below:

in main.cpp of qt_launchpad:

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
/*Use Rtc to record the time*/
launchpad->show();
/*Use Rtc to record the time again*/
}

in launch_entry.cpp  of qt_launchpad:

void Launch_entry::on_launchButton_clicked()
{

 /*Use Rtc to record the time*/
 _launchpad->start_child(_filename, ...);

/*Use Rtc to record the time again*/
}

 Shuo Wang,
University of Chinese Academy of Sciences.

----‍--‍--‍Original mail----‍--‍--