Help testing arora,qt5 and sdl examples on RaspberryPI

Fri Sep 5 08:58:59 CEST 2014

Hello,

On 09/05/2014 05:30 AM, Reinier Millo Sánchez wrote:
> Hi
> I'm testing some examples of Genode on RaspberryPI, but i got some
> troubles. I'm trying to test arora, qt5 and sdl examples. I'm using
> Genode 14.05. I have configured the following ports:
>
>     ./tool/ports/prepare_port arora
>     ./tool/ports/prepare_port dde-linux
>     ./tool/ports/prepare_port libc
>     ./tool/ports/prepare_port stdcxx
>     ./tool/ports/prepare_port mesa
>     ./tool/ports/prepare_port zlib
>     ./tool/ports/prepare_port icu
>     ./tool/ports/prepare_port jpeg
>     ./tool/ports/prepare_port libpng
>     ./tool/ports/prepare_port openssl
>     ./tool/ports/prepare_port freetype
>     ./tool/ports/prepare_port lwip
>     ./tool/ports/prepare_port qoost
>     ./tool/ports/prepare_port bintuils
>     ./tool/ports/prepare_port sdl
>     make prepare PKG=qt5 (on libports)
>
> On etc/build.conf have activated the following repositories:
>
>     REPOSITORIES += $(GENODE_DIR)/repos/base-hw
>     REPOSITORIES += $(GENODE_DIR)/repos/base
>     REPOSITORIES += $(GENODE_DIR)/repos/os
>     REPOSITORIES += $(GENODE_DIR)/repos/demo
>     REPOSITORIES += $(GENODE_DIR)/repos/libports
>     REPOSITORIES += $(GENODE_DIR)/repos/ports
>     REPOSITORIES += $(GENODE_DIR)/repos/dde_linux
>     REPOSITORIES += $(GENODE_DIR)/repos/gems
>
> To compile the example have used the following command lines:
>
>     make run/arora
>     make run/qt5
>     make run/sdl
>
> During the compilation process of the examples, get this line, but
> finally the elf image is generated:
>
>     /usr/local/genode-gcc/bin/genode-arm-ld: BFD (GNU Binutils) 2.22
>     assertion fail ../../../../contrib/binutils-2.22/bfd/elf32-arm.c:12049
>
> To generate the img file from the elf image have used:
>
>     /usr/local/genode-gcc/bin/genode-arm-objcopy -Obinary
>     var/run/arora/image.elf genode_arora.img
>     /usr/local/genode-gcc/bin/genode-arm-objcopy -Obinary
>     var/run/qt5/image.elf genode_qt5.img
>     /usr/local/genode-gcc/bin/genode-arm-objcopy -Obinary
>     var/run/sdl/image.elf genode_sdl.img
>
> To test this img on the RPI have created the config.txt file with:
>
>     kernel=<file>.img
>     kernel_address=0x00800000
>
> To test the examples i'm using a RPI model B and a version of QEMU with
> functional support for RPI:
>
>     https://github.com/Torlus/qemu/
>
> When test the elf images with QEMU get the output on serial console, but
> this version of QEMU seems like don't support framebuffer emulation.
> After that have tried to run examples on the real PI but only get the
> coloured screen.
> I have compiled and tested on th RPI the Demo and Hello examples.
> If somebody can help me?
> Best regards

Thank you very much for the provided information. I really appreciate
the degree of detailing in your post, so one can reproduce all steps.

Unfortunately, the Rasperry Pi support was broken in release 14.05. We
got aware of that fact at the end of July by a post on this list. Now,
we nightly test the Rasperry Pi platform, and things should work
properly. Please, switch to Genode's release 14.08. I'm afraid you'll
have to do some of the prepare steps again, but the build system will
warn you if this is the case. Also, please assure to do a 'make
cleanall' in your build directory after the upgrade, before you proceed
again.

Regards
Stefan

PS: I'm sorry, I've missed your previous mails about building for
Rasperry Pi, otherwise I would have warned you earlier