Malloc / free ansd rump_fs ->Slab-backend exhausted

w_schmidt at ...181... w_schmidt at ...181...
Tue Sep 2 21:11:10 CEST 2014

Hi,

did Stefan had time to look into the issue with the block cache?

Best regards,
Wolfgang

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
From: Sebastian Sumpf
Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2014 8:40 PM
To: Genode OS Framework Mailing List
Subject: Re: Malloc / free ansd rump_fs ->Slab-backend exhausted

Hi Wolfgang,

On 08/18/2014 08:09 PM, w_schmidt at ...181... wrote:
> Hi,
>
>>> this seems to be happen only if rump_fs has a larger quota – the file
>>> can be larger if rump_fs has a smaller quota. (memory tests of the
>>> system have shown no errors so RAM should be okay)
>
>> this is indeed very strange. I hope you have a Genode version where
>> there is no Slab-Backend allocator, have a look at
> '>include/util/allocator_fap.h" in the dde_rump repository, there should
>> only be a PERR message with the slab warning left.
>
> The file looks like below,

Yes, that is the right one. We most likely got a problem with memory
accounting in this case. Regarding your block cache question: The block
cache has not really been tested up until now, so there may still be
bugs. If you could provide a branch (e.g., on GitHub) or a run script, I
might be able to have a look at it. On the other hand, Stefan will be
back next week and, since wrote the thing, he might be able to clear
things up.

Cheers,

Sebastian

--