Native keyboard driver on Genode for imx6

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Mon Sep 1 13:02:58 CEST 2014

Hello Swaminathan,

> We are the team at IIT-Madras trying to port Genode on imx6. We are
> currently trying to create a shell for Genode natively. Towards this
> end, we would like to create a native keyboard driver on Genode. It
> would be great if you could give us a few tips to getting started on it.

assuming that you want to connect an USB keyboard, you will need a USB
driver. In the 'repos/dde_linux' repository, you can find a USB stack
ported from Linux. Currently, the driver supports the Pandaboard
(OMAP4), the Arndale board (Exynos5), the Raspberry Pi, and x86 PC
hardware. To use it on i.MX6, you will need to add the corresponding
support code for the host controller as present in the i.MX6 SoC.

The details vary a lot between the different SoCs. E.g., for the
Raspberry Pi, I had to integrate the dwc_otg driver using a separate
repository because this driver is not present in the vanilla Linux
kernel. I'm afraid that i.MX6 puts you in a similar position: You will
need to extract the driver i.MX6-specific driver code from a vendor kernel.

Alternatively, you may have a look into other USB-driver implementations
that support i.MX6 and port such a driver to Genode.

Best regards