crypto library

Josef Söntgen josef.soentgen at ...1...
Wed Oct 1 11:41:39 CEST 2014

Hello Tewodrose,

> What crypto library is available in the Genode OS?

There is only libcrypto from OpenSSL 1.0.1i available. Though it workes
fine for our use cases so far I would advise against using it to e.g.
generate keys. That is of course not a limition of libcrypto itself but
there is currently no easy way to gather entropy and to provide
reasonable random numbers on Genode.

> how do we integrate it with our applications?

You have to link your applications against libcrypto by specifying it in
the corresponding library or target makefile. Adding it to the 'LIBS'
build variable will do the trick. I recommend taking a look at the
porting guide [1] which contains a more in depth explanation on the
whole integration topic.

Regards
Josef

[1] http://genode.org/documentation/developer-resources/porting