Query : Machine Type, Kernel_offset

Thu Nov 27 09:27:18 CET 2014

Hi,

On 11/25/2014 06:04 AM, Franc sylvester wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I saw some variable set in..

Warning: I don't think you'll get the outcome you apparently hope for by
setting different values to the variables below. I assume you try to
enable the TrustZone Demo for a different board? I fear there is much
more to do than just changing these values especially if your board is
not related to a i.MX53 SoC.

> genode/repos/os/src/server/tz_vmm/imx53/
>

> enum {
> KERNEL_OFFSET    = 0x8000,
> MACH_TYPE_TABLET = 3011,
> MACH_TYPE_QSB    = 3273,
> BOARD_REV_TABLET = 0x53321,
> };

The first value is just the Linux kernel's offset from the beginning of
RAM. It is just a convention. The virtual machine monitor in our example
loads the Linux kernel to that offset.
The MACH types are Linux specific ARM board values used by the
bootloader, which is in our case the VMM, to provide the machine type to
the Linux kernel, have a look at:

  https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/arm/Booting
  http://www.arm.linux.org.uk/developer/machines/download.php

> static const char* cmdline_tablet = "console=ttymxc0,115200";

This is the Linux kernel command line used to tell Linux it shall
provide a kernel console using the UART device.

> I want to set these variable for my board. where should i get these value ??

Well, that depends on your board. You might use above references to
start your investigations.

Regards
Stefan