UEFI support

Alexander Boettcher alexander.boettcher at ...1...
Wed Nov 26 08:47:28 CET 2014

On 24.11.2014 10:59, Christian Menard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there any support for boot on UEFI planned?

No - however it will be necessary sooner than later.

> How ard would it be to add UEFI
> support?

It would be rather an organizational problem than a technical one. I
mean you need a multi-boot compliant bootloader known to work, e.g.
grub2. Than you have to install it to your local disk and place an boot
entry to your Genode setup.
This can be done all manually and can be found in the web. In principal
there is nothing Genode specific task.

However - if you don't want to bother the user of all the details how to
do that it becomes interesting how to integrate this bootloader setup
into our Genode run script infrastructure, e.g. to create bootable usb
sticks via uefi on the fly.

Cheers,

Alex.