Genode is out of frequency range on 1920x1080 monitor

Christian Prochaska christian.prochaska at ...1...
Tue Nov 4 13:03:29 CET 2014

Hello Ben,

On 11/02/2014 03:10 AM, Nobody III wrote:
> My computer has a 1920x1080 monitor, and, when I run Genode from a CD, my
> monitor gives me an "out of frequency range" error when it starts the
> terminal echo test. This seems to be a bug in fb_drv. I have an intel i915
> graphics card, if that helps.

are you using a Genode release version or the github master branch? If
it's the github master branch, the VESA driver chooses the highest
resolution mode reported by the VESA BIOS, which might be more than the
monitor can handle in some cases. Here it would be useful again to see
the log messages. In any case, the VESA driver (fb_drv) can be
configured to choose a specific resolution mode like this:

<config width="1024" height="768" />

BTW, could you please tell us what hardware you are using exactly (CPU
model, mainboard model, how much RAM)?

Best regards,
Christian