grub-install segfaults

Nobody III hungryninja101 at ...9...
Sat Nov 1 07:40:01 CET 2014

I used the grub-legacy bootloader, with the same patches used for Genode
(grub-0.97-os.8.gz, and it compiles, but it segfaults when I run "sudo
/usr/local/sbin/grub-install /dev/sda4 --root-directory=/mnt/sda4". Note
that I'm on an amd64 machine, and it seems that Grub Legacy is always
32-bit. I installed all the proper libraries and headers for the 32-bit
compilation prior to building. I don't know what's going wrong. Can you try
to provide me with an example grub2 menuentry, as well as advice to fix the
segfault?