VMM for base-hw on ARM

S Madhu smadhu2048 at ...9...
Thu May 29 15:26:10 CEST 2014

> ARM virtualization is not yet included in base-hw but it is on our road
> map:
>
>   http://genode.org/about/road-map

Saw the roadmap, was hoping sum code had been added to this release !

> According to the road map, it will be supported no later than by the end
> of the year. Maybe there is the chance to team up? So we could get there
> earlier?

Sure. Chirag, my Master's student, had mailed you earlier and he is working
on porting  Trustzone to
base-hw as part of his Mater's work. I have assigned another student ARM
vitalization as part
of his master's work. We can sync up and close this feature quicker.

> Btw, which ARM SoC do you have in mind to use with virtualization?

Only one ARM platform Freescale i.MX6 is worth looking at wrt security, so
we standardized
on it. We have our own board that we will be releasing to opensource
shortly but the Sabrelite board or the
Wandboard or the Nitrogen 6 boards are good alternatives.