Simple demo doesn´t work

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at ...1...
Sun May 18 20:29:54 CEST 2014

Hello Markus,

On Sun, May 18, 2014 at 11:30:06AM +0200, favo9001 at ...5... wrote:
> thank you for the patch. You are right, the video system could not be
> initialized. Applying your patch changed the output of the make command
> slightly in the following way:
[...]
> No protocol specified
> No protocol specified
> [init -> launchpad] Could not open file "ld.lib.so"
> [init -> fb_sdl] SDL_SetVideoMode failed
> [init] virtual void Genode::Child_policy::exit(int): child exited with
> exit value 0

I don't have any idea what may go wrong with video initialization on
your platform. It would be good if you do some debugging and post your
results (SDL_GetError may help). I'd suggest to take the fb_sdl main()
function as a blue print for a Linux SDL program and do some hacking.

> The following software components regarding libSDL are available on my
> system:
>
> libSDL-1_2-0
> libSDL-devel
> libSDL_gfx13
> DirectFB-libSDL
>
> Do you have any suggestions for tackling this issue ?

BTW, could try an Ubuntu 12.04 (or maybe 14.04) installation on your
hardware too? Ubuntu is better supported because most of our
developers are using it on development hosts.

Greets
--
Christian Helmuth