connect to existing RPC server

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Wed May 7 15:57:05 CEST 2014

Hi Mohammad,

> In the Genode RPC we start the client and the server in the same time as in Hello world tutorial.
> in my case i want the server to serve many clients in the same time .if i
> create run file for each client each time a new server instance (process) will be created .
> are there any ways to make the second client use the same running server .
> i tried to run the both client in same run file but it did not work.I am sure that there are some way to get capability from the existing server .

taking the hello-world tutorial as example, you can start any number of
clients. E.g., the attached patch changes the
'hello_tutorial/run/hello.run' script to start two clients instead of
one. Both are talking to the same server. Note that each program started
by init must have a unique name. Hence, the second client is named
differently and executable binary is explicitly specified using the
'<binary>' node.

You can apply the patch via

  cd <genode-dir>
  patch -p1 < hello_two_clients.diff

After applying the patch, change to your build directory and execute the
run script via 'make run/hello'.

For more detailed information about how session requests by clients are
routed to servers, please refer to the documentation of the init process:

  http://genode.org/documentation/developer-resources/init

Best regards