The mouse cannot work when I ran demo

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Thu Mar 27 15:10:32 CET 2014

Hello Keqin,

it looks like the PS/2 driver is getting user input (filling the ring
buffer) but the input client (which is nitpicker in the demo scenario)
is not requesting the input from the driver in a timely manner. There
could be several causes for this:

* The nitpicker GUI server could not be started correctly. To see
  whether the problem lies within nitpicker, you might try instrumenting
  the code (located at os/src/server/nitpicker/'). For example,
  add a PDBG message at the 'Nitpicker::Main::Main' constructor.
  You might also instrument the 'Nitpicker::Main::handle_input'
  function to see a message each time, the GUI server gets an input
  event from the driver.

* There is a problem in Qemu's PS/2 device model. Depending on the
  emulated hardware platform, some versions of Qemu have problems
  with emulating certain peripherals. We have repeatedly experienced
  such problems. Could you give a different Qemu version a try?
  I recommend to build Qemu from source:

    http://git.qemu.org/git/qemu.git

  Btw, currently, I am using version 1.6.2, which works fine for me.

* The timer driver might not work correctly and thereby prevent
  nitpicker from fetching input events. To see if the timer works,
  please give 'make run/timer' a try. The corresponding run script
  is located at 'os/run/timer.run'.

* The framebuffer driver might not work correctly, causing nitpicker
  to get stuch. To see if the framebuffer driver is working on your
  platform, please give 'make run/framebuffer' a try. The corresponding
  run script is located at 'os/run/framebuffer.run'.

For further investigation, please provide us with the information about
which version of Genode and which base platform you are using. Also, the
complete log output would be helpful.