PingPong Example for the LWIP

Christian Prochaska christian.prochaska at ...1...
Wed Mar 26 22:34:38 CET 2014

Hello Mohammad,

On 18.03.2014 17:48, Mhamad Hmad wrote:
> Hello,
> i am still new to the Genode so maybe you will find that my question is silly but
> i tried to run the PingPong example but i failed
> i build the Genode for base_linux
> i enabled the libport repository fron the build.conf
> then i prepare for the PKG=Lwip
> from the build directory i tried to run the server  as next make run/test-ping_server  and it is run successfully.
> when i try to do that for the client i could not success
>  i hope some one can help .. i am sure i need to change in some values but  actually i couldn't know where .

The ping_server/ping_client test has been developed for a scenario where the server runs on one machine and prints its log messages
to a serial port and the client runs on a different machine and its run script reads the log messages from the serial port for
synchronization with the server.

When I just tried the test after commenting out these synchronization parts, the client showed the following error message:

"[init -> nic_drv] could not configure /dev/net/tun: no virtual network emulation"

This error message only occurred when the server was running, so it appears that it is not possible to have two instances of
'nic_drv' running at the same time on the same Linux host.

So, for now you could try to run either the client or the server on a separate machine (hardware or Qemu/VirtualBox) or to build
either the client or the server as native Linux application (that's what the 'network_test' does).

Christian