Announcement: Genode OS Framework version 14.02 released

Norman Feske norman.feske at ...1...
Sun Mar 2 13:20:41 CET 2014

Hi Daniel,

thanks for tuning in! Good to know how we caught your attention in the
first place.

> I'd support Lonie's comments about the importance of a live CD.  Of
> course we picked up Genode and did the whole build, but the first
> exploration we did was the live CD.  I know of people in other companies
> who abandoned Genode because of the apparent difficulty of use.

Could you get a bit more specific about which aspects of Genode appeared
difficult to the people you cite? Was it the architecture, the build
system, the (lacking?) quality of the documentation, the use of a
specific kernel, or something else?