Booting genode/nova

w_schmidt at ...181... w_schmidt at ...181...
Tue Jun 17 20:47:01 CEST 2014

Hi Christian,

thanks, Test4! is to short for passwort policy of AMT. longer has also not
worked. amtterm now works with -p and passwort in paraprasses (like -p
'Test4!4!')

Nunja. Über Fronleichnam probiere ich das weiter.

Best regards,
Wolfgang

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
From: Christian Helmuth
Sent: Monday, June 16, 2014 9:10 AM
To: Genode OS Framework Mailing List
Subject: Re: Fw: Booting genode/nova

Hello Wolfgang,

On Sun, Jun 15, 2014 at 08:07:59PM +0200, w_schmidt at ...181... wrote:
> export AMT_TEST_MACHINE_IP=10.1.1.2
> export AMT_TEST_MACHINE_PWD=Test$$44$$ (yep i know, but the machine cannot

Could you please try a more simple password like "Test!4" without the
quotes. It may be, that the $$44$$ is interpreted by your shell. My
shell behaves like follows

  me at ...246...:~> export FOO=Test$$44$$; echo $FOO
  Test198734419873

It seems the shell properly expands $$ (from bash.info)

  `$'
       Expands to the process ID of the shell.  In a `()' subshell, it
       expands to the process ID of the invoking shell, not the
       subshell.

To prevent variable expansion in bash you may also wrap your string
with single quotes '

Greets
--
Christian Helmuth