PingPong Example for the LWIP

Christian Helmuth christian.helmuth at ...1...
Tue Jun 3 17:43:32 CEST 2014

Hi Johannes,

On Sat, Mar 29, 2014 at 01:08:01PM +0100, Johannes Schlatow wrote:
> On Sat, 29 Mar 2014 11:53:24 +0100 Christian Helmuth <christian.helmuth at ...169.....1...> wrote:
> > The issue is in os/src/drivers/nic/linux/main.cc:84
> >
> >   Genode::strncpy(ifr.ifr_name, "tap0", sizeof(ifr.ifr_name));
> >
> > This means any instance of the base-linux nic_drv tries to configure
> > its tap device with name "tap0" which is denied by the Linux kernel.
> > We could add an optional config option for the tap-device name to
> > support scenarios with several instances of nic_drv on Linux.
>
> Fortunately, I already implemented this.
> See https://github.com/ValiValpas/genode/commits/master

I stumbled upon your email and like to merge the feature upstream.
Would you mind to open a pull request / issue with just this feature
on top of genode/master so the standard procedure can start rolling?

Greets
--
Christian Helmuth