Problems with virtualbox after commit cdb7904

Christian Menard christian.menard at ...104...
Wed Jul 30 11:57:03 CEST 2014

On Tuesday 29 July 2014 11:56:37 Alexander Boettcher wrote:
> The commit is in general not strictly required - it mainly should reduce
> a bit the load in the system. If you still want to debug this - you may try:
>
> to disable for tsc deadline mode on the hypervisor command line, see
> repos/base-nova/run/env file and add there a " nodl " option to the
> hypervisor commandline
>

> Another issue could arise if the timer service is running at the same
> priority level as the other services and applications of your scenario.
> You may try to set the timer service at a higher priority. See the
> virtualbox run scripts for a example.

I tried your suggestions, but nothing changess.

> Which x86 hardware do you use ? Does it happen on all your machines or
> only on one specific one ?

I'm working with the Panasonic Toughpad FZ-M1. The specs can be found here:
ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/pub/panasonic/business/toughpad/downloads/Toughpad_M1_Specsheet.pdf

I only have this single machine to experiment with but with qemu everything
works fine. I also tried to run the scenario on Virtualbox but it crashes on
startup. However, this is probably an unrelated issue and a bug in Virtualbox
itself.

> Do you have maybe a working run script or branch and can you put the
> Android image somewhere, so I could try to reproduce it.

You can find a minimal run script for usage with qemu here:
https://github.com/chrism333/genode/blob/toughpad/repos/toughpad/run/toughpad-android-qemu.run

The android image is an unmodified android-x86, it can be downloaded here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/android-x86/files/Release%204.4/

Cheers
Christian